RACI (the RIPE Academic Cooperation Initiative) is providing six students and researchers with complimentary tickets and transport to RIPE 69, and accommodation for the duration of the meeting.
The winning applicants for RIPE 69 are:
- Grzegorz Jereczek, CERN/Maynooth University, Data Acquisition Networks for Large Experiments
- Roberto di Lallo, Roma Tre University, IXPs: Is De-peering the Right Choice?
- Qasim Lone, Delft University of Technology, Towards Incentivizing ISPs To Mitigate Botnets
- Uta Meier-Hahn, Alexander v. Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society, The Social Side of Internet Interconnection
- Alberto Rodriguez-Natal, Technical University of Catalonia, LISPmob: a Flexible LISP Implementation
- Dr. Tatiana Tropina, Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Criminal Law, Recent Developments of Cybersecurity Legislation in the EU: From Voluntary Approaches Back to Regulation?
RIPE 69 takes place from 3-7 November 2014 at the Novotel London West Hotel, London, United Kingdom.
RACI applications are now open!
All applications received after 12 September 2014 will be considered for RACI at RIPE 70 in Amsterdam, to be held from 11-15 May 2015.
The RIPE community has strong ties with the academic and research sector ever since the beginning of the Internet in Europe, and the goal of RACI is to strengthen those ties while promoting the work of talented students and researchers in Europe, Central Asia and the Middle East.
RACI provides selected students and researchers with complimentary tickets to the RIPE Meetings, which last five days and regularly attract over 500 attendees from the Internet community. RACI tickets entitle the academics to attend all RIPE Meeting sessions, lunches, and social events at the meeting venue, as well as the RIPE Dinner. RACI will also cover the costs of transport and accommodation, which RACI will organise in advance for successful applicants.
The initiative is coordinated with the RIPE Programme Committee to allow the RACI academics to present their research at RIPE Meeting. This is an outstanding opportunity for students and researchers to present their research and network with some of the key figures in the Internet world.