--- Day changed Wed Nov 05 2014
09:48 < tm-exa> Good morning
09:58 < Tim> Hello. Welcome to the Open Source WG. My name is Tim Bruijnzeels from the RIPE NCC. I will be monitoring chat during this session. If you have a question or comment, I can read it out for you. Please make your questions as clear as possible. I will read out any questions when the speaker asks for questions at the end of his/her presentation. Please note that all chat transcripts will be archived and made available to the public on https://ripe69.ripe.net/
10:02 < Tim> The chair has begun the “Administrative Matters”.
10:06 < Tim> Sara Dickinson has begun the presentation “Hedgehod.
10:11 < Tim> Sara Dickinson has asked for questions.
10:12 < Tim> Ondřej Surý has begun the presentation "Using OpenSource to develop OpenSource".
10:24 < tm-exa> One can also look at https://github.com/gogits/gogs
10:24 < Tim> Ondřej Surý has asked for questions.
10:24 < tm-exa> nice gitlab like software.
10:26 < Tim> Thomas Mangin has begun the presentation "Use cases of ExaBGP, How ExaBGP Got Where It Is and What Is Next".
10:43 < Tim> Thomas Mangin has asked for questions.
10:43 -!- mickod-2110-mbp is now known as mickod-2110
10:45 < Tim> Peter van Dijk has begun the presentation "Lua Policy Engine".
10:51 < bengan> where is the presentation-document for "Lua Policy Engine"?
10:51 < chrisr> good presentation tm-exa
10:52 < chrisr> and Habbie 🙂
10:52 < Tim> Peter van Dijk has asked for questions.
10:52 < Tim> Ondrej Filip has begun the presentation "Bird Update".
10:52 < tm-exa> Deal
10:52 < Tim> bengan it seems the presentation was not uploaded
10:52 < chrisr> bengan: http://pdnsdev.powerdns.com/peter/ripe69/
10:53 < bengan> Tim: ok
10:53 < bengan> chrisr: thanks
10:53 < Tim> ah, cheers, I will ask Peter later to make sure it’s uploaded
10:53 < tm-exa> chrisr: thank you, if you have any question, please feel free to grab me at the break
10:54 < Habbie> the presentation was uploaded
10:54 < Habbie> that's how it got on the screen
10:54 < Habbie> not sure why it's not linked in the agenda
10:54 < Habbie> https://ripe69.ripe.net/presentations/presentation-archive/ has it
10:54 < Habbie> as does the url chrisr mentioned
10:54 < Tim> I will talk to our webmasters
10:55 < Habbie> chrisr, thanks 🙂
10:56 < marita_s258> He didn't select which slot he was speaking in. We've fixed that now.
10:56 < ripe712> Hi, can you also fix the video of Geoff Huston lighting talk? There is 2 mins version only
10:57 < Habbie> marita_s258, it looks like the slots were shuffled after my upload
10:57 < Habbie> marita_s258, i did select a slot - it would not let me upload otherwise, but perhaps something went wrong on that first attempt without
10:57 < Habbie> marita_s258, thank you for fixing it in any case 🙂
10:57 < marita_s258> ripe712: Yes, we're aware. We'll fix it next week when we get a chance. 🙂
10:57 < marita_s258> Habbie: you're welcome 🙂
10:57 < ripe712> marita_s258: perfect! Thanks for the info
11:00 < Tim> Ondrej Filip has asked for questions.
11:01 < tm-exa> Follow Ondrej comment, I realise ExaBGP need a mascot .. most likely a friendly fluffy animal
11:01 < tm-exa> s/Follow/Following/
11:02 < tm-exa> s/need/needs/
11:02 < Tim> Paul Jakma has begun the presentation "Quagga Update".
11:06 < Tim> Paul Jakma has asked for questions.
11:09 < Tim> Jaap Akkerhuis has begun the presentation “NSD 4.1”
11:10 < Tim> late addition to the agenda
11:12 < Tim> Jaap Akkerhuis has asked for questions
11:12 < shane> I thought I was going to go deaf from the party last night, not the session this morning. 😛
11:12 < Tim> The chairs have begun the presentation "Open-Source WG Chair Terms and Directions".
11:14 < tm-exa> where is the mailing list plz
11:15 < Tim> http://www.ripe.net/ripe/mail/wg-lists
11:15 < tm-exa> Thank you Tim
11:15 < Tim> well that’s all working groups 😉
11:15 < tm-exa> Tim: I am sure I will manage from there :p
11:18 < Tim> The chairs have asked for questions.
11:20 < kzorba> What about the profile of the candidates in this process?
11:24 < Tim> kzorba would like me to ask this question? Can you state your name and affiliation in that case?
11:25 < kzorba> Kostas Zorbadelos, concerned Internet citizen 😉
11:25 < Tim> another one 😉
11:25 < Tim> sure
11:25 < shane> Of course of these 20 I suspect 15 are in the room. 😉
11:25 < amd2-ripe> how many of us remotes are in the room ? I am 🙂
11:25 < murb> ha!
11:25 < amd2-ripe> heh 🙂
11:25 < kzorba> I also favor an election process (not too formal) like Shane noticed earlier
11:25 < leslie> and i just joined irc because i remembered after saying it 😉
11:26 < amd2-ripe> as one that from time to time am only remote, it's fair enough you have to show up to vote 🙂
11:27 < amd2-ripe> +1
11:27 < shane> 😉
11:27 < leslie> oh god, so hard to not crack up
11:28 < shane> I did mention phobia about elections, didn't I?
11:29 < amd2-ripe> someone did
11:29 < amd2-ripe> I think this might be just a little bit blown out of proportions
11:29 < shane> Yeah. Definitely.
11:30 < kzorba> 2 sounds good
11:30 < amd2-ripe> 2 minimux, 3 maximum, wasn't that the suggestion ?
11:30 < amd2-ripe> ehm, minimum 😉