10:00 < ripe954> Hi everyone, welcome to the IPv6 Working Group session at RIPE 69. I'm Arne from the RIPE NCC. If you have questions/comments for the presenter and want me to read it out, please state your name/affiliation and I'll go to the mic when questions are called for. Please note that all chat transcripts will be archived and made available to the public on
10:01 < shane> Happy IPv6, everybody!
10:01 < ripe954> Marco Hogewoning is opening the Working Group session.
10:04 < ripe954> Jen Linkova (Google) has begun the presentation “IPv6 Extension Headers”
10:15 -!- ripe954 is now known as Arne_RIPENCC
10:16 -!- ripe799 is now known as chris_ncc
10:19 < Arne_RIPENCC> Jen Linkova has asked for questions.
10:31 < Arne_RIPENCC> The presentation has ended.
10:31 < Arne_RIPENCC> Colin Petrie (RIPE NCC) has begun the presentation “IPv6 Experience - a RIPE Atlas Anchor Project Perspective”.
10:33 < MarcoH> Is audio ok for remote?
10:37 < marita_ncc> Yes
10:45 < Arne_RIPENCC> Colin Petrie has asked for questions.
10:45 < Arne_RIPENCC> The presentation has ended.
10:46 < Arne_RIPENCC> Tahar Schaa (Cassini Consulting) has begun the presentation “Progress and Results of Implementing IPv6 at the German Government”.
10:50 < shane> Really cool that the German government would translate some documents to another language. 🙂
10:50 < MarcoH> there is hope you mean 😛
10:52 < shane> Well, it's a recognition that if we want to get the most out of the work being done that we should share and co-operate. Another point of view might have been, "this is German work for the benefit of Germany!!!" 😛
10:53 * shane imagines this from an American point of view. :-/
10:54 < chrisr-31170> they didn't have to share...
10:54 < chrisr-31170> gns3 to lab is interest tho
10:54 < Arne_RIPENCC> Tahar Schaa has asked for questions.
10:57 < ripe347> but recommendation
10:57 < ripe347> Constanze
10:58 < Arne_RIPENCC> The presentation has ended.
10:58 < Arne_RIPENCC> Jan Zorz (on behalf of the BCOP Task Force) has begun the presentation “Document: IPv6 Troubleshooting for Residential ISP Helpdesks”.
10:59 < chrisr-31170> arguably the first presentation is why this is useful ..
11:01 < Arne_RIPENCC> Hi Chris, do you want me to read your comment out?
11:02 < Arne_RIPENCC> Jan Zorz has asked for comments, feedback and questions.
11:08 < ripe318> Big hand here
11:09 < mickod-2110-mbp> didn't get a chance to get to the mic but Mick O'Donovan BT Ireland
11:09 < mickod-2110-mbp> want to say that yes I've read and support and like the document and what's being done
11:09 < mickod-2110-mbp> it can only benefit the various helpdesks and indeed nocs
11:09 -!- mickod-2110-mbp is now known as mickod-2110
11:10 < Arne_RIPENCC> The presentation has ended.
11:10 < Arne_RIPENCC> Hi Mick, thanks for voicing your support. The Working Group has decided that work on this will continue.
11:10 < Arne_RIPENCC> Shane Kerr and Marco Hogewoning are now formally going to hand over their Working Group Chair duties to the new Working Group Chairs: Dave Wilson, Jen Linkova and Benedikt Stockebrand.
11:11 < mickod-2110> yes indeed and i'm happy for that
11:16 < Arne_RIPENCC> Dave Wilson, Jen Linkova and Benedikt Stockebrand have now started the discussion how to establish a procedure to elect Working Group Chairs.
11:19 < chrisr-31170> for the channel only - if you've not seen Dave Wilsons talks on ipv6, highly recommend you google them ..
11:24 < Arne_RIPENCC> The Working Group chairs have asked for comments and feedback on their suggestions.
11:26 < shane> "What we think doesn't matter. It's what the working group wants." Such sentiments make me confident that the new chairs are going to be great. 🙂
11:30 < Arne_RIPENCC> The presentation has ended.
11:31 < Arne_RIPENCC> This session has now ended. See you at RIPE 70 in Amsterdam!